Safety & Privacy
ZINE is absolutely safe!
We don't store any of your login details for the accounts you want to connect and permissions for social accounts are read only - so ZINE won't be able to post or make changes to the account on your behalf.
How much does it all cost
ZINE is 100% free to all influencers and we would like to keep it that way. That's why we appreciate all the help we can get from our community to spread the word about ZINE. Whether it's by using your media kit to introduce yourself to brands and PRs or by sending out a tweet to tell the world about our awesomeness.
... so how do you make money?
Very good question! We want to continue to provide free business software for influencers - and we can do that by helping influencers to get more business. ZINE media kits are vetted by us and put together on an exclusive database to which brands can have access in exchange for a fee. Not all influencers are featured in the ZINE catalogue - to assure quality we carefully vet each profile individually to make sure the influencer is genuine and in line with our clients expectations. We do not take any commission from paid collaborations!
Who can see my media kit
Your media kit can be viewed by anyone you send your unique link to. Your profile might be visible to selected brands and PR agencies who are signed up to ZINE and use the ZINE Influencer Catalogue to filter through, identify and reach out to influencers they want to collaborate with.
Creating a media kit
1. Go to our sign up page and create an account using your email address.
2. Connect your social media accounts. You can connect as many accounts as you like, the more you connect, the greater your total influence shown on your media kit. Every like and every follower counts! It's also important to add your previous collaborations and press coverage
3. You can make the media kit truly yours by going to the 'Edit' section in the top right menu bar. Here you can, add an about section, change the background colour, your profile and background image, and change the order or visibility of your social media cards. You might have the same pictures on your facebook as on your instagram and therefore decide to only show one of those cards (facebook will still show in the top of your media kit and your likes will count towards your total influence, even if you decide to hide this card).
That's it! Your profile is now visible to Brands and PRs on the ZINE platform. But make the most of your media kit by sharing it with brands and agencies outside the platform .
Sharing my media kit
You can send a link to your media kit to anyone you like, brands, agencies etc. The other party doesn't have to have a ZINE account to view your media kit.
How to share your media kit:
1. Go to your media kit page and scroll down
2. At the very bottom, click 'Create Link to my Media Kit'. Copy the link address and off it goes!
The link is permanent, however you have the option to create a completely new one and expire the previous one, so as to protect your privacy if need be.
Working with brands
Once you create a media kit, your profile becomes visible to Brands and PRs on the ZINE platform. When a brand would like to work with you, they will email you directly through the ZINE platform. Please add email@example.com to your addressbook!
Got mail from us?
We sometimes email collaboration opportunities to influencers on the ZINE network. In the email, the collaboration will be described alongside the required or desired channels the client would like to aim for. When you apply please make sure to:
1. Quote for each channel individually as well as provide a package price if you have one
2. Let the client know if there are any additional channels you would like to offer free of charge (for example if all your instagram posts go on to facebook and twitter also, this is worth while mentioning!)
3. Tell us if a product is involved, which one you would like to receive- ideally with a link to that product
4. Provide a link to your ZINE media kit - applications with a media kit are 75% more likely to be chosen for a collaboration simply because a professional media kit with reliable data sources shows a high level of professionalism.
Once you have submitted your response we will be in touch as soon as possible to let you know - either way.
There are different types of collaborations: Paid, Product and Event - or a combination of the before.
1. Product collaborations: The brand will provide you with a product or service in exchange for a blog or social media post
2. Paid collaborations: The client has a budget for influencer projects and is wiling to pay a fee for a blog or social media post (sometimes this may also involve a product on top of the fee)
3. Event: The project is an event for which the client would like to invite influencers. This can be in conjunction with a product and/or a fee or a simply a friendly invitation to join some lovely people for a wonderful time.