Get Macro-Informed on Micro-Influencers
Who are these micro-influencers?
It’s in the name!
Micro=small, influence=reach. Influencers with a small reach.
Micro-influencers have a smaller following than the celebrity influencers out there, they typically have more of a niche, focusing on specific content which speaks directly to their localized following.
What makes them special?
As reach grows, engagement rates fall. That's why micro-infuencers are highly engaged with their audience
Ironically micro-influencers may have a smaller reach but not necessarily a smaller influence. Due to their smaller following, they have greater levels of engagement with their audience, are considered more trustworthy and their audiences more active, authentic and loyal.
Why don't brands work with them?
Most brands resort to the biggest known bloggers, driving up pricing at the top end whilst disregarding the better opportunity just below. There are several reasons why brands choose to work with celebrities and influencers of a larger following rather than micro-influencers despite their greater engagement rates.
- Micro-influencers aren’t able to reach out to as many people as brands want whilst as celebrities can.The logical solution to that would be to stretch the budget across working with multiple, smaller influencers.
- But working with multiple small influencers equals more work! Brands would typically, struggle, being unable to manage, keep on top of their collaborations when working with more than one influencer.
- For brands with limited knowledge of the distribution of their respective audience across all channels, finding the right micro- influencer is much more challenging and time consuming.
Why brands must work with them?
- Micro-influencers with more of a niche, reach out to a more specific, targeted and focused audience.
- Engagement is much more important and a better indicator than reach in terms of swaying consumer decisions. Engagement translates into real customers, which is what it all comes down to in the end.
- Micro-influencers charge less. When working with micro-influencers you can afford to work with more than one. It's more effective to work with 10 influencers who post about a specific niche, and have a targeted audience who are active and most likely to be interested in your brands product. The reach of each micro-influencer individually will add up to a number close to that of the celebrity influencer, but with a greater likelihood of sales for the product.
- More influencers talking about your brand improves your SEO (search engine optimisation). When other websites, or pages refer to your brand the higher you'll get on search engine rankings.
- By tapping into such influencers and being one of the first to reach out to them, brands receive greater enthusiasm for their products, which will translate into authentic posts leading to higher engagement rates. Collaborating with micro-influencers is like discovering Justin Bieber (on YouTube) before he was famous. Micro-influencers are at the stage just before being bombarded by brands with collaboration proposals. Influencer marketing is a new experience for micro-influencers.
Where to find them?
Choosing to work with micro-influencers requires effort. It’s not a surprise that most brands work with celebrity influencers. Influencer marketing is still relatively new and brands don’t know any better! What brands need is a proper search engine to identify micro-influencers quickly, which fit perfectly with their brand style and a platform to manage their collaborations.
That's why it's time for brands to enter the world of influencer marketing platforms. A new development in influencer marketing to streamline the process of sourcing, monitoring and managing entire campaigns.
On platforms like ZINE brands are able to browse, filter, and sort influencers, by engagement levels, channel reach, location and industry, all on a single platform, reaching out to multiple micro-influencers which fit their niche. It's also a platform where micro-influencers can reach out to brands, when brands post collaboration opportunities.
ZINE transform a mountain of work for brands into a molehill. ZINE formulates the future of influencer marketing, assists the rise of micro-influencers and facilitates brand growth.